LaChute Road Runners meeting

4/18.17. 7:00

Library Members present: Tim Malaney, Fred Herbst, Tracy Smith, Brian Kiely, Dave Rutkowski, Jim and Linda Cunningham; Nancy Ockrin by phone

Tim opened with a report on finances There was a discussion on the Scholarship. The application will be amended to read “Ticonderoga graduate or LaChute Member”. The Deadline for this year will be May.13th. and the club can discuss the applications at the Bridge run on the 20th. Jim will forward applications to Walter Thorne, Jay Wells, John McDonald and Bob Suphen.

Nancy checked in by phone on the Bridge run. She will check with Road ID for free Bibs. There is only one person who needs to be reimbursed for the incorrect price on RaceWire. She will check with Paradox Crafts about t-shirts. The Run will again be done to benefit the Crown Point Backpack program. The flyers should state this. The race will run on the same course as last year. Matt Courtright will be asked to reach out the the Addison Chamber of Commerce to promote the race. Nancy will post on Social Media like Ticonderoga360. Fred will send an article to the Sun and the Addison paper. Jim will e-mail pictures to Fred for the article. Nancy will need to organize food. There will be a meeting to finalize plans on Tuesday May 16th at 7:00 at the Library.

Tracy reported on the Montcalm Mile. The contract is set with Race Wire. Donation letters will go out soon. He will order more bibs; there are probably enough medals. The Website is is place. There is some question about using Wicker Ford as it is currently unoccupied but Tracy will contact Dennis Natale to see if we can use it. The applications have been changed so that the former “Elite” class is now called “Racers”; the Recreational class is the same. Tracy will make sure Race Wire has this on their site. He will also check on Paradox Crafts to supply more t-shirts or hats for the race. Brian will check on sources for new race stanchions for the finish line and also for future races. It was suggested to use a snow fence to direct runners off the course and to the food tent.

Brian needs volunteers for the fall of 2018 and 2019 for the Section 7 Invitational and the State meet which will be in Plattsburgh in September.

Reminder: Next meeting to finalize the BR will be on May 16; a key topic is staffing positions for the race.